Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dime

Wow. I think Lady Luck brushed her sumptuous ass on me. Today Jeffrey and I took the bus to Safeway. I thought the bus fare would be $1.50, but it turned out to be $1.75. Jeffrey searched his pockets and totaled his coins to be $1.65. I told him I would find him a dime and started searching the ground for anything. After coming out of the store, Jeffrey asked if I had a dollar or anything to make up the shortage. I simply replied no and told him to wait. I walked over to the vending machines and lo' and behold a dime lay in the change slot! He and I just thought it was such a lucky, lucky break: we just stood speechless and laughed at this reversal of fortune.

Perhaps life's repaying us for the trouble we faced? I don't know and I can't know the answer to the speculation, but it seems to be so. I am not the superstitious type - you know, with the black cats, the ladders, and the mirrors - but I think life is indeed restituting us little by little. Jeffrey is getting his wallet back, and I found a dime to get us on the bus. Dear nature, we're still waiting for a wonder for Mr. Sam.

No comments: