Friday, July 6, 2007

There

Jeffrey and I were coming down Shattuck Avenue after visiting the small claims court and Citibank. One block before reaching Channing Way and the crime scene, Jeffrey suggested we could just get on the other side of the street. There is definitely still great emotional trouble attached to that spot for Jeffrey.

I can't say it's not the same for me: I can't ignore it. I looked too as we passed by. I haven't attempted to make another visit though. [Jeffrey and Sam braved to investigate the area in the hope of finding any of their things.] It's not that I'm afraid of the place - it's more like a landmark for a very bad experience.

I don't know for Sam, but he seemed to be quite calm the last time I saw him. His girlfriend is more worried than he is for himself. Sam is taking time off from working in the lab for now for mental and emotional recovery.

No comments: