Monday, July 9, 2007

Sociology

I'm in my sociology class right now. The professor is a nutty, balding old man who claims he is quite the professional with technology. I've observed in him a sense of smugness when he shows us he can use bSpace (the Cal student 'workspace' some professors use). OoOh, very impressive, professor, you can read and use your common sense to click on things! On bSpace he formats his announcements and posts with bright and fruity color combinations and plays around with italics and larger-than-necessary font sizes. Furthermore, his lectures are very disordered, intangible, impractical, useless, stupid, uninteresting, loose, repetitive, slow, flamboyant, overtly melodramatic. Dumb. I would rather read a sociology textbook. It would easily trump this extra hour and thirty minutes of sleep I get sitting in lecture.

I was planning to connect sociology to my Fourth of July experience, but this has easily become a rant. It would be very satisfying for me to continue, but.... oh, what the hell...

So the bitch has his fucking PowerPoint slides up. Good God! This douche is wasting my time! He cannot create a proper PowerPoint presentation. The slides are filled with paragraphs of text and definitions, and all he does is read them, trying to make the terms and concepts sound so important and so complex. It all goes over my head. And I chose it to. It is not worth listening to his wholly subjective, opinionated, and prideful bullshit. I can get a better education for the class reading the Wikipedia article on sociology.

Ok. I'm done.

1 comment:

Div said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.